Do you feel it difficult to install the world’s most famous custom recovery on to your Redmi 5 device? Fear not! Enter the TWRP Flasher Toolkit, a simple tool to cut the hard work and to make your life easier in flashing TWRP. Created by a Super Moderator of MIUI Community, Feds64, this Windows-based tool allows its users to flash the official TWRP on either Redmi 5 (codename Rosy) or Redmi 5 Plus (codename Vince).
However, this does not mean that you can use it on the device with locked bootloader. The common rule of flashing custom recovery still applies to this tool: you will have to first unlock your phone bootloader. Once you have it done, using this software will automate the task and will make it just a piece of cake.
The flasher toolkit is available for download from a direct link below. The file is hosted on our servers in United States and Europe. The link will be generated randomly. Enjoy a distinctive download experience featuring resume-able and multiple connections. Use your favorite download manager. Grab it directly either on your computer or through your phone.
Credits belong to Feds64 (ifelixit).
Previously, we have seen a similar tool made by Perdana that also supports Redmi 5A.
How to use this tool
Below are some general steps on how to use this tool. We will provide a more detailed guide in the near future, hopefully.
- Follow our previous guide on how to unlock MIUI bootloader officially.
- You have to also install Xiaomi USB driver. This can be achieved either by installing Mi Flash Tool or Minimal Fastboot & ADB driver.
- Download the Flasher Toolkit from the link above to your computer. Extract the ZIP file. Winzip, WinRAR or 7zip will come in handy for this task.
- Now enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging Option on your phone. You should have already done this when you attempted to unlock the bootloader. However, you may need to double-check it just in case if you have turned it off – read here on how to do it.
- Connect your phone to your computer using its USB cable. Make sure you use a USB Data cable and not a charging-only cable. Moreover, also make sure it is connected in MTP Mode.
- Once connected, go to the folder of where you have extracted the Toolkit. Find and double-click a file named “ifelixit FLASHER TOOLKIT Vince-Rosy .bat”.
- You will then see a message as shown in the screenshot above. Choose the correct option from 1 to 7. Type the number and hit Enter button.
- Hit any button on your keyboard to start flashing.
- The tool will then reboot your phone into Fastboot mode.
- Sit tight and wait for the tool to do its job.
That’s it. Congratulation, you have successfully and easily flash TWRP on your Redmi 5 phone.
Key features of TWRP v3.2.1-0:
- Allow restoring adb backups in the TWRP GUI (bigbiff)
- Fix gzip backup error in adb backups (bigbiff)
- Fix a bug in TWRP’s backup routines that occasionally corrupted backup files (nkk71)
- Better support for installing Android 8.0 based zips due to legacy props (nkk71)
- Support vold decrypt with keymaster 3.0 in 8.0 firmwares (nkk71)
- Decrypt of synthetic passwords for Pixel 2 (Dees_Troy)
- Support newer ext4 FBE policies for backup and restore in libtar (Dees_Troy)
- v2 fstab support (Dees_Troy)
- Bring TWRP forward to android 8.0 AOSP base (Dees_Troy)
- Various other minor bugfixes and tweaks
One more thing, the tool flashes the official version of TWRP. Therefore, you have to first install DM No Verity Disabler tweak or Lazy Flasher tool via TWRP (at the first time you boot into TWRP). Failed to do so may cause your device bootloop.