This is the full package of ADB and Fastboot Tools for Windows computers. Known as Android SDK Platform Tools, you can now grab the file from our mirror direct link hosted on a fast server with direct hot links and resume-able connections. You may need this file for many purposes.
Extracted as part of full Android Studio software, the Platform Tools package contains all the necessary files to establish a full ADB (Android Debug Bridge) connection from a PC to a device. Through the ADB connection, you can control your device over USB from a computer. Various handy tasks such as copying files back and forth, installing and uninstalling apps, running shell commands, and more can be established directly from a computer.
Previously, we have also shared the minimal version of such tools that included the bare minimum tools to do the ADB and Fastboot connection. This one below is simply the full package version of the one we shared previously. What is the difference? The full pack version, which is part of Android Studio, includes all the tools that interface with the Android platform. In this sense, the package contains adb, fastboot. and systrace tools. All these tools are crucial for Android app development. They’re also required if you want to unlock your device bootloader and flash it with a new system image. On the other hand, the minimal version of this package allows you only to establish ADB and Fastboot connections for basic tasks such as unlocking your device bootloader or flashing system image without the full support to develop your own Android app.
Check also: Minimal Fastboot & ADB Installer Tool.
Download The Latest Version
It is important to understand that newer device are usually shipped with a newer version of Android OS. Hence, it is very recommended to obtain the latest version of the Android Platform Tools available. This is to avoid error and issue caused by incompatible ADB or Fastboot tools. For instance, if you want to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 8, Google Pixel 2, or Samsung Galaxy S9 with an old version of the Fastboot tool, it will not work flawlessly due to the incompatibility issue.
Each version of Android Studio inherits necessary tools of SDKs compatible with the specific version of Android OS (6.0 Marshmallow, 7.0 Nougat, 8.0 Oreo, 9.0 Pie, and so on). In that sense, Platform Tools v24 will not work with Android 9.0 Pie. However, the tools are backward compatible. It means that you need only one version of Platform-Tools to work with older versions of Android. Therefore, make sure you grab the latest version.
Use the download button below to automatically check the latest version. The link will be automatically generated and will fetch the latest package from the official Google’s cloud server.
Alternatively, we also have the mirrored versions which are hosted on our own server in both US and EU. All the links are direct hot links with resume-able and multiple connections available.
- Sort output of adb devices by connection type and device serial.
- Increase the socket listen to backlog to allow for more simultaneous adb commands.
- Add support for checksum-less operation with devices running Android P, which improves throughput by up to 40%.
- Improve error output for adb connect.
- Clean up help output.
- Improve output format, add a verbose output mode (-v).
- Add product.img and odm.img to the list of partitions flashed by fastboot flashall.
- Avoid bricking new devices when using a too-old version of fastboot by allowing factory image packages to require support for specific partitions.
- adb: fixes an assertion failure on MacOS that occurred when connecting devices using USB 3.0.
- Fastboot: On Windows, adds support for wiping devices that use F2FS (Flash-Friendly File System).
- Re-fixes the macOS 10.13 fastboot bug first fixed in 26.0.1, but re-introduced in 26.0.2.
1 thought on “Android Full Platform Tools for Windows”
where is link to download