Download a fully working version of Xiaomi Mi A1 AOSP ROM ported for Redmi 5 Plus. Based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat, this custom ROM is a really great alternative to replace the shipped MIUI on the Vince device. Well, by what we mean “Vince”, this refers to both Redmi 5+ and Redmi Note 5 India. Having file size of 1.2GB, this AOSP package is flash-able through either TWRP or RWRP.
Some of Mi Fans out there prefer the pure Android One ROM instead the MIUI developed by Xiaomi Dev team. Well, each user has right to choose his/her preference on this one. Including you. Hence, if you have Redmi5+ and have already bored with MIUI 9 running on it, flashing this ported ROM could be the alternative for you.
Check also: Android One v8.1.10 ROM for Mi A1.
Shared by a member of Mi Global Community known as ProtoDevNan0, this ported AOSP is based on Mi A1 ROM which is awesome. The developer says that almost everything of its features work except its camera flashlight. Well, sometimes we can still without flashlight when taking photos. Moreover, since it is a ported ROM, you may expect some bugs to be found.
You can download from one of following links. The file is in .zip file that requires custom recovery to flash it.
Also, the ROM has already included Google Apps and hence you will no need to flash third-party Gapps package.
Hosted on Mega.nz:
File name: aosp-port-r5plus.zip (1.2GB)
Hosted on Google Drive:
File name: AOSP Port by Jay for R5+ 1.1.zip (1.2GB)
How to install?
- Unlock your phone bootloader. Read here or here for a complete tutorial.
- Flash either TWRP or RWRP for Vince.
- Download and copy the ROM .zip file above in phone storage.
- Reboot into TWRP Recovery
- Do following task: Format data, Wipe System, Cache, art, data (not internal storage)
- And then go back to main menu. Choose Install then flash the ROM file.
- Reboot. The initial boot time requires longer time than usual.
Check also: Modded Google Pixel 2 Launcher for MIUI Devices.