Team Win Recovery Project is not available just yet officially for Xiaomi Mi 6X. However, an unofficial build of this popular custom recovery has been released by a Chinese developer. You can download a fully working version of TWRP v3.2.1-0 for Mi 6X (codename Wayne) in this page. It is a direct link that supports resume-able and multiple connections hosted on our servers in Europe and US – the link is generated randomly. It’s all for your convenient.
TWRP is a custom recovery to replace your stock one. However, it needs you to have your phone bootloader unlocked. Otherwise, it may lead to a broken device if you flashed custom binaries to your Android device on a locked bootloader.
Check also: Red Wolf Recovery for Redmi Note 5 (Whyred).
Short Installation Instruction:
- Unlock your phone bootloader (read here).
- Disable Windows Driver Signature Enforcement (tutorial is here).
- Download and install either ADB Fastboot Drivers or Mi Flasher tool (choose one).
- Download the .img file below and rename it to “recovery.img”.
- Download DM-Verity Disabler tool and copy it into your phone.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your phone’s Settings.
- Connect your phone to your computer (File Transfer mode).
- Reboot into bootloader / fastboot mode (command below).
- Flash the image file (command below).
- Reboot into recovery (command below).
- Flash DM-Verity disabler tool.
The command to reboot into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
The command to flash TWRP .img file:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
The command to reboot into twrp:
fastboot boot recovery.img
read also: How to install Play Store on Mi 6X.
Please be aware that the flash-able .img file is provided as it is. We made no modifications on the file. Despite that being said, we still recommend you to scan any files you obtained from internet for any viruses.
Mirror link on Mega.nz is here.