Need some powerful custom recovery rather than TWRP? Meet the Red Wolf Recovery Project. Download RWRP flash-able .img file for Redmi Note 5 Pro/Global/China from the direct link that supports resume-able and multiple connections for your convenience. The link is available in this page ahead. The file is provided as it is and has never been modified, untouched, and unaltered. However, please use with caution and at your full discretion.
Redwolf Recovery is a modified version of TWRP. Some additional features have been added within is build. The foremost key feature as its coolest point is the ability to survive OTA update. It means you can still enjoy the comfort of small Over The Air update mechanism each time Xiaomi rolls out new OTA update package.
There are also a bunch of cool features available within RWRP. The features which are not accepted nor included within the official source code of TWRP. However, since this project is built based on the original Team Win’s recovery, the looks and feels are also the same. With similar user interface (UI), users can expect easy and familiar navigation.
- Password protection
- MIUI Incremental OTA Support
- Built-in latest Magisk, SuperSU & AromaFM
- Support automatic reboot after the restore process
- Recovery can automatically modify some props in the ROM directly during the installation
- Some built-in scripts from community
- Tap to wake support
- Advanced deactivation of the stock recovery
- Automatic deactivation of the dm-verity & forced encryption directly during the installation of the ROM
- Recovery can notify you about the completed backup/restore/installation using the notification diode & vibration.
- Support “set on boot” settings.
- ADB isn’t starting automatically at the start of the recovery. You have to activate it in recovery
- MTP isn’t starting until user enter a correct password
- Support two screenshots GUI actions Power+VolDown to save a screenshot into the internal storage & Power+Volume Up to save a screenshot into the external storage (Will be automatically saved into the internal in case that external storage doesn’t exist).
- Deactivated support of the custom themes
Warning for MIUI 10 users: Xiaomi has implemented Anti-rollback Protection since MIUI 10. There is a slight workaround to flash a custom recovery (and hence a custom ROM). Please read our detailed information on MIUI Anti-rollback mechanism here.
The file is available via direct hot link below. We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, and thermonuclear war. Please download responsibly.
Also, this build is for Redmi Note 5 Global, Pro, or China variants. The one with codename “Whyred“. Please do not flash it on Redmi Note 5 India (codename Vince).
Mirror link on Mega.nz is here. Enjoy..