Download a fully working version of Red Wolf custom recovery v026 based on TWRP v3.2.1-0 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm Snapdragon (codename Kenzo) and Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (SE/Pro – codename Kate). This third-party recovery sports more advanced features compared to the original TWRP including the ability to protect the recovery using a password. The best of all, it also features the ability to survive from MIUI OTA update mechanism which is very useful for many users avoiding the procedure of flashing full ROM package.
Before you download and flash this custom recovery, please make sure your phone variant is the Snapdragon version of Redmi Note 3. The phone codename should be either Kenzo or Kate. The Redwolf recovery download-able from this page is not for Redmi Note 3 MTK – the MediaTek variant with codename Hennesey. Flashing the wrong build of recovery to a wrong device will surely brick the device.
- Password protection
- Tap to wake support
- Support “set on boot” settings.
- MIUI Incremental OTA Support
- Built-in latest Magisk, SuperSU & AromaFM
- Some built-in scripts from community
- Advanced deactivation of the stock recovery
- Support automatic reboot after the restore process
- Recovery can automatically modify some props in the ROM directly during the installation
- Automatic deactivation of the dm-verity & forced encryption directly during the installation of the ROM
- Recovery can notify you about the completed backup/restore/installation using the notification diode & vibration.
- Support two screenshots GUI actions Power+VolDown to save the screenshot into the internal storage & Power+VolUp to save the screenshot into the external storage (Will be automatically saved into the internal in case that external storage doesn’t exist).
As a common rule of flashing a custom recovery, your phone bootloader should be unlocked. Read our previous guide on how to officially unlock MIUI bootloader.
Download the RedWolf TWRP with Flasher Toolkit below. The toolkit is a Windows-based software made to help the users to install the recovery easily.
Additional package: Especially for users of the Redmi Note 3 / 3 SE / 3 Pro with 2GB RAM variant, this package below is also necessary. Hence, if you have the device with 2GB RAM, once you have flashed Redwolf using above tool, you have to then flash the package below through the Red Wolf TWRP.
More stuff like this in your inbox
New tips, tricks, interesting apps and tools. No spammy messages. Give it a try, you can unsubscribe anytime.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.