Download Red Wolf TWRP custom recovery for Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (codename Oxygen) from a direct link hosted on our server. The link supports resume-able and multiple download connections. The Redwolf recovery available below has version number 3.2-026 which is based on TWRP source code version 3.2.1 build 3. The flash-able .img file is compressed in a .zip file. Therefore, you will need to extract the content using either default Windows decompression tool or Winzip.
Red Wolf Recovery is custom recovery based on TWRP source code with additional features which are not available in the official version. The main objective of this Redwolf project is to provide a stable custom recovery featuring advanced abilities which you have never seen before in a recovery and which have not been accepted for adding to the official source code of TWRP. Moreover, the Redwolf recovery is also said to be the world’s first recovery featuring password protection adding the more secured layer.
- Password protection
- Tap to wake support
- Support “set on boot” settings.
- MIUI Incremental OTA Support
- Built-in latest Magisk, SuperSU & AromaFM
- Some built-in scripts from community
- Advanced deactivation of the stock recovery
- Support automatic reboot after the restore process
- Recovery can automatically modify some props in the ROM directly during the installation
- Automatic deactivation of the dm-verity & forced encryption directly during the installation of the ROM
- Recovery can notify you about the completed backup/restore/installation using the notification diode & vibration.
- Support two screenshots GUI actions Power+VolDown to save the screenshot into the internal storage & Power+VolUp to save the screenshot into the external storage (Will be automatically saved into the internal in case that external storage doesn’t exist).
For security reasons, there have been some modifications have been made to this build:
- ADB isn’t starting automatically at the start of the recovery. You have to activate it in recovery.
- MTP isn’t starting until the user enters the correct password.
- The deactivated TWRP theme engine.
How to install? Grab the file from the link above. Extract the zip file to obtain the flashable .img file. Now you can proceed with the usual methods of flashing custom recovery via Fastboot mode. We have posted a complete guide on how to flash Redwolf on Mi Max 2 here.