Need to import the downloaded .mtz file(s) from third-party sources? Well, you are going to need this MI Theme Editor app. This Android app is basically an all-in-one tool to edit a theme for your MIUI devices. Moreover, this app is a workaround to install MIUI themes downloaded from other sites rather than Zhutti (Mi Themes Store).
The official Mi Theme Store has a built-in feature to import a .mtz file. It can be imported successfully but it won’t be able to be applied and returns an error message saying “third-party sources are not supported error: download. Auth rejected 402“. This is due to Xiaomi has disabled this feature for general users. It is now made available exclusively only for registered MIUI Theme Designers.
It means you can avoid this error by applying for a Designer account at Xiaomi which requires manual approval and it needs more effort. Alternatively, an ordinary user can simply employ an app called “MI Theme Editor“.
Developed by MixApplications, the app requires no root access to be used. It has very simple but very useful interface in which even newbie users can easily figure out the ways of using the app. Users can pick up the theme(s) from the theme manager or browse it in phone storage. There is also a function to edit theme description with ease. Defining icons, editing and changing theme will also be no problem. Check out of its other features down below:
- Multi-options for selecting themes.
- Edit description.
- Edit system font to whatever you want and choose between.
- Built-in fonts (built-in fonts support only English language if not working with you try to get font support your language “.ttf” and select it by “choose a custom .ttf font” option).
- Browsing storage.
- Edit apps icons by Selecting an icon mask, Selecting dynamic icons, Importing all icons from an installed icon pack, Selecting icons manually for each app.
- Edit status bar icons (battery, signal and WiFi).
- Edit home screen wallpaper.
- Edit lock screen wallpaper & style.
- Editing notification panel background & icons.
- Editing incoming calls background.
You can download it from Play Store here or use below mirror link hosted on our servers. The link is, as always, compatible with most of Download Manager app and it supports direct hot link with resume-able multiple connections.