Need to install Google Apps on your shiny new Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S? Then you come to the right place. Below are all the basic Google Apps to have Play Store and to set up a working Google Account on Mi Mix 2S running at least MIUI 9 based on Android 8 Oreo. This requires no TWRP or any other custom recovery. Simply download the APK files and install it on your phone. It’s just simple.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is the flagship phone featuring Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 SoC, Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver), Adreno 630 GPU, and some other beast specs like Dual: 12 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm) + 12 MP (f/2.4, 1/2.9″, 1.0µm), 2x optical zoom, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, 4-axis OIS, dual-LED dual-tone flash.
Grab all basic GApps APK files in the single package below. You will need to extract the package first. The file is stored in our servers either in Europe or US (generated randomly) that support multiple and resume-able download connections.
Alternatively, you may also want to try this one: Gapps APKs for MIUI 9 Android 8 Oreo.
How to Install
- Download the zip file directly to your phone storage.
- Extract the zip file using stock MIUI File Manager or use a third-party app like FS Explorer.
- You will then get 9 .apk files.
- Now install the “Google Installer v3” .apk file first.
- Run the Google Installer v3 app and tap the big blue button to start installing.
- You will encounter some errors but it is safe to neglect that errors. Simply ignore it and exit the app.
- Now go back to File Manager and install the other apk files correspondingly according to its number (from 1 to 7). Do not ever attempt to randomly install the files. Make sure you install it as its sequence. Again, install them one by one in a chronological order.
- Congratulation, you now have Google Apps installed on Mi Mix 2S.
Step 4 and 5
Credits: MIUI Forum.